Uni Pasta Recipe
by Samuel Huang
- 100g Vana Grade Uni for the sauce
- A couple of Gold or Premium Uni (Sashimi Grade) for topping if you’d like
- 1lb dried Spaghetti/Linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-4 cups broth (milk or water will work)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Olive oil (for cooking pasta)
- Salt (for cooking pasta)
- Ikura (optional)
- Ariake Nori seaweed strips, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Blend Uni, melted butter, broth, garlic clove, onion powder, and parmesan cheese.
- When pasta is done, drain quickly and return to the pot. Reserve some of the starchy water. Turn on low heat and pour the uni mixture into the pot.
- Gently stir pasta and sauce together until well combined. Slowly add the stachy water if you see the pasta needs more moisture.
- Using the twisting technique, plate the pasta into a nest and sprinkle green onions, then top it all off with some beautiful pieces of uni.
- You can also top with our No.1 grade Ikura! Add a generous portion of ikura on top. This will add plenty of textural interest and extra flavor.
- Final garnish with our Ariake Nori.
- Mixi nori and roe in with chopsticks before eating.